Setting/World | The Lost Lands by Frog God & Necromancer Games
The Old Sleaze | Human Sorcerer 2 | Martin
Make Me | Human Paladin 1 | Martin
Blitz Dunkelsturm | Mountain Dwarf Cleric of Jamboor 3 [Death domain] | Berndt
Hrunkah | Half Orc Thief 1 | Berndt
Angelina d’Monica III | Human Assassin 1 [Acrobat variant] | Djuro
Absent this session
Hoder | Ogre Fighter 2 [Brute variant] | Flan
Fenrir the Vain | Human Barbarian 1 [Thane variant] | Flan
Session Five – It bites!
This session, the PC ranks were enhanced by:
Make Me the human paladin, of whom we don’t really know much yet. But that can’t be his real name, can it?
Sleaze-O leveled up (Sorceror 2) as did Blitz ze Pückelhübe (Cleric 3).
The session began with the PCs in the relative safety of the room just above what they suspected to be the Crypt of Eralion. The half-orc thief was severely weakened and exhausted by the evil magics of the crypt and after some debate the PCs decide that they aren’t strong enough to face the shady vampire yet, and that they’d do better to return when they’re stronger (read: leveled up).
Instead, they search the desecrated Chapel again, looking for clues on how to take on the old wizard, but find nothing.
Next, they decide to:
- Return to the townhouse and let Hrunkah rest.
- Talk to Arden about selling rugs. (As a fact, Arden knows of a man – Torgil Rodbrok – who deals in antiques, and will talk to him on the matter when he’s in town again).
- Ask Shandril the elven cleric of Freya to help resecrate the chapel of Thyr in the Keep.
- Buy horses
- Travel to Crimmor village to search for Voril the smith’s lost daughter. What they know is that she is a red haired young lady in her twenties and that she’s named Arialle. She went to Crimmor a few weeks ago and haven’t returned.
After talking to people and outfitting, our heroes go on the road to Crimmor (about a day’s ride through the wilderness).
Hrunkah, Hoder and Fenrir stays in Fairhill to rest and oversee work at the Keep.
In the middle of nowhere they are ambushed by an Ogre bandit and his 4 goblin henchmen, demanding tribute in order to use “their” road. The goblins are shooting arrows from camouflaged foxholes. At first, the battle goes against our heroes, but then Blitz manages to lay a Hold spell on the ogre, making the rest of the battle a walk over. After “debriefing” the ogre and one surviving gobbo (I will refrain from mentioning the details here, let’s just say it involved physical coercion methods and squashing of body parts, making him a very dead ogre), the PCs made the goblin show them the way to their hidden lair. Sadly, the lair did not contain much of value, but at least now the world contain a few less hoodlums…
After this detour, the party travelled on, arriving in Crimmor-On-the-Lake in the evening. Once a blossoming fishing village, the place seemed to have receded into squalor and poverty.
They find an inn and talk to people in the tavern. There they learn that:
- Arialle is apparently a bard. She played a gig and then went home the next day. No one has seen her since.
- Something – maybe ghosts of drowned fishermen – has taken all the fish. That’s why the village income now has dwindled so much
- For a month or so, the village has been attacked by stirges every night. Now the villagers must keep inside at night. The Stirges probably come from Stirgewood, and rumor has that they have been sent here by the Necromancer of Stirgewood.
The PCs decide to help the villagers with the stirge menace. With the help of the villagers they make these huge traps from old fishing nets, and helps battle the Stirges for two nights in a row, killing about 35 of the foul flying things in the process.
And there we had to end the session!
Level up attained this session: Hrunkah, Thief 2